Call for Nominations: Join the SCBNA Board!
SCBNA is seeking nominations for the following positions:
• At-large board member (two): To represent the wider membership of SCBNA at a board level and to assist in board activity as required. All Board members are expected to serve on at least one SCBNA committee and participate regularly in quarterly board calls and meetings.
• Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity (EID) Officer: To represent the wider membership of SCBNA at a board level and to serve on the executive committee of the board. The EID officer chairs the standing Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Committee and participates regularly in quarterly board calls and meetings.
The elected representatives will serve a three-year term, beginning 1 July 2018.
The Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) is an international professional organization dedicated to advancing the science and practice of conserving the Earth’s biological diversity. The North America Section of the Society for Conservation Biology (SCBNA) represents the North American continent north of Mexico, including Canada and the United States. Although Mexico is a member of SCB’s Latin America and Caribbean Section, SCBNA members collaborate with Mexican colleagues on transboundary conservation issues. SCBNA works with other scientific societies and conservation organizations based in North America to advance the application of science to conservation policy.
We welcome nominations from enthusiastic and diverse SCB North America Section members with relevant skills and experience for the position they are being nominated. Self-nominations are welcome.
All nominees must be SCB North American Section members in good standing, and demonstrate relevant skills and experience to the position being covered. Please refer to the SCBNA website for further information on the section and activities. Please contact Jessa Madosky, firstname.lastname@example.org and Jamie Hogberg, email@example.com with additional questions regarding these positions.
Nominations should include:
• Contact info
• Short biography of a maximum 300 words indicating why they are interested in being part of the SCB North American Section Board and how their experience relates to the position for which they are being nominated.
• 100 words max response to the question “What is the biggest challenge facing conservation scientists in North America?”
• CV or Resume, PDF format, 2 pages max
• High-resolution photo in jpg (headshot or photo in the field)
All nominations should be sent to SCB North American Section Director of Operations, Jamie Hogberg firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2018. Elections will open in March, and close in mid-April, 2018. Terms will begin 1 July 2018.