News from the NA Education Committee
The Education Committee is transitioning to new administration with the election of Steve Trombulak as Vice-President for Education and Chapters. Steve is returning to his involvement with SCB governance and education, having been the chair of the Education Committee for SCB-Global (1999-2004) as well as being a past-president of the North American section (2004-2006).
During the coming year, the SCBNA Education Committee will focus on the following activities:
- Increasing opportunities for educators to participate in NACCB 2018
- Increasing educational opportunities for everyone at NACCB
- Strengthening the professional “pipeline” for students who want to work as conservation biologists
- Facilitating student travel, presentation awards, & other student activities at the congress
- Harnessing the combined energies of the North American chapters to work collaboratively on conservation challenges.
- Re-examining the published “Principles of Conservation Biology,” which has served as a curricular guide for those seeking to develop educational resources in our field
If you are interested in rolling up your sleeves and joining us in the work on any of these topics, please write to Steve Trombulak (email@example.com). New members of the committee are always welcome!