Symposia Proposals: Requirements & Instructions
NACCB will accept symposia proposals for a minimum of 75 minutes and maximum of 5 hours. Accepted symposia that exceed 3.5 hours and begin in the morning session will reconvene after the late-morning Plenary session.
Presentation length must be in multiples of 15 minutes:
We will accept both ignite talks and “regular” length talks (i.e. 15 minutes) or 30 minutes (max) so that the timing of symposium presentations can be coordinated with contributed paper sessions. However, we recommend minial use of 30 minute speaking blocks to maximize the variety of voices and increase participation among NACCB attendees. Time at the end of symposium may be left open for discussion and also should be coordinated with concurrent sessions (in multiples of 15 minutes). What are ignite talks? 7 & 7 + 1 minute of transition (2 speakers) = 15 minute block
Proposals must contain the following information:
- Symposium title (150 character limit)
- Organizer(s) name, affiliation and complete contact information, including email address
- Desired duration of session: 75 minutes, 90 minutes (e.g. four 15-minute speakers + 30 minutes discussion), 120 minutes (e.g. twelve 7&7+1-minute speakers + 30 minutes discussion), 210 minutes, or 300 minutes.
- Proposed theme and justification for why the topic is appropriate and significant for this conference with consideration (broad or specific relevance) to the theme, Conservation Science, Policy, and Practice: Connecting the Urban to the Wild (300 word limit)
- An abstract describing the session. This abstract will be used to advertise the session. (300 word limit)
- Detailed description of the session including a list of proposed topics and a list of confirmed speakers/presenters, and your presentation schedule.
- Confirmation of session moderator(s) with contact information provided
- You will be asked to provide 3 keywords to assist in reviewing and placement of proposals
- Commitment on behalf of all session organizers, moderators, and presenters to participation policies.
Author Abstract rule: If your proposal is accepted, all symposium speakers will be required to submit an abstract during the call for abstracts; please coordinate with your authors, according to the call for abstracts and early registration deadlines.
We appreciate your flexibility in some cases as we may need to reduce the allocated time of a proposed symposium for scheduling purposes. We will communicate any anticipated changes as soon as possible to session organizers.
For additional questions, contact: email@example.com