Symposia Proposals: Requirements & Instructions
NACCB will accept symposia proposals for a minimum of 75 minutes and maximum of 5 hours. Accepted symposia that exceed 3.5 hours and begin in the morning session will reconvene after the late-morning Plenary session.
Presentation length must be in multiples of 15 minutes:
Ignite-style – 7 & 7 + 1 minute of transition (2 speakers), 15 minutes or 30 minutes (max) so that the timing of symposium presentations can be coordinated with contributed paper sessions. Time at the end of symposium may be left open for discussion and also should be coordinated with concurrent sessions (in multiples of 15 minutes). Proposals must contain the following information:
- Symposium title
- Organizer(s) name, affiliation and complete contact information, including email address
- Desired duration of session: 75 minutes, 90 minutes (e.g. four 15-minute speakers + 30 minutes discussion), 120 minutes (e.g. twelve 7&7+1-minute speakers + 30 minutes discussion), 210 minutes, or 300 minutes.
*We appreciate your flexibility in some cases as we may need to reduce the allocated time of a proposed symposium for scheduling purposes. We will communicate any anticipated changes as soon as possible to session organizers.
- Proposed theme and justification for why the topic is appropriate and significant for this conference with consideration (broad or specific relevance) to the theme, Conservation Science, Policy, and Practice: Connecting the Urban to the Wild (300 word limit)
- An abstract describing the session. This abstract will be used to advertise the session. (300 word limit)
- Detailed description of the session including a list of proposed topics and a list of confirmed speakers/presenters, and your presentation schedule.
- Confirmation of session moderator(s) with contact information provided
- You will be asked to provide 3 keywords to assist in reviewing and placement of proposals
- Commitment on behalf of all session organizers, moderators, and presenters to participation policies.
Author Abstract rule: If your proposal is accepted, all symposium speakers will be required to submit an abstract during the call for abstracts; please coordinate with your authors, according to the call for abstracts and early registration deadlines.
For additional questions, contact: email@example.com