Policies and Responsibilities of NACCB 2020 Session Organizers and Presenters
It is the responsibility of the session organizer to communicate the following policies to their presenters. All organizers and presenters must agree to abide by these policies upon submission of a proposal or abstract.
- Individuals are limited to presenting only ONE presentation. Individuals can present in any of the scientific program categories: symposium, interactive session, contributed oral presentation, speed presentation, or poster presentation. If your name appears on more than one abstract, make sure you are listed as the presenter for only one of them.
Symposia & Interactive Session Policies
- Organizers for symposia and interactive sessions are responsible for coordinating with the Scientific Program Committee, planning their sessions, selecting instructors/presenters, moderating their sessions, communicating policies to their presenters, and meeting all deadlines.
- Presenters in accepted symposia sessions must submit abstracts through the Call for Abstracts. It is the responsibility of the session organizer to communicate, remind, and ensure that all presenters in their symposium have submitted an abstract for their talk by the deadline. Each proposal will be reviewed by at least two individuals who will have access to all information contained in the proposal.
- Organizers and Presenters in accepted symposia and interactive sessions must register for the conference by the early registration deadline, April 24, 2020.
- Individuals may be organizers for only one symposium or interactive session, and should not submit more than one symposium or interactive session proposal. An individual may collaborate with another organizer on a second proposal, but may not be an organizer for more than one symposium or interactive session.
- Individuals organizing or moderating a symposium or interactive session may not also present in their hosted symposium or interactive session if giving a presentation in another session (symposium, interactive session, speed, oral, or poster).
Workshop and Short Course Policies
- Individuals may organize & lead in only one short course or workshop, in addition to organizing and/or presenting in one symposium, interactive session, contributed session, poster, or speed talk. While space is limited during the main scientific program (thus the speaker limitations), there is slightly more flexibility during the front and tail ends of the conference to accommodate the proposal, when short courses and workshops will typically occur.
- Workshop and short course organizers are not required to register for the conference if they only plan to participate in their respective workshop or short course.
- Attendees wishing to participate in a workshop or short course must also register for at least one day of the regular conference.
Registration Reimbursement Policy:
- Before April 24: 90% of the reg fee returned, no charge to drop from full to one-day registration
- From 24 Apr to 31 May: 50% of the reg fee returned, $50 charge to drop from full to one-day registration
- From June 1 onward, no refund for cancellation
- Substitutions for attendees are accepted at any time. NACCB will not however swap, reverse or refund the transaction. Email email@example.com to process a substitution. Your email should include your name, abstract ID number and presentation type if you are a presenter, and the contact details of the substitute attendee. Please indicate if the substitute will present your abstract, if applicable. The subject line should be “NACCB Attendee Substitution Request”.