Call for nominations to the SCBNA board of directors
The Society for Conservation Biology’s North America Section (SCBNA) invites you to nominate SCBNA members to stand for election to the following offices on the SCBNA Board of Directors. Every board member attends one in-person meeting and several virtual meetings per year. Historically, most nominations have been self-nominations. Before you nominate someone other than yourself, please ask that person if she or he is willing to be considered. Please indicate the office(s) for which you seek consideration. Each nominee must be a current member of SCBNA. After reviewing nominees, the SCBNA Nominations Committee will put forward the slate of candidates for each office and announce the start of voting. The term of each elected officer will begin July 1, 2017.
The call for nominations is open now through Wednesday March 1.
The open seats are:
• President-Elect (6 year term: 2 years as President-Elect, 2 years as President, 2 years as Past-President)
• Treasurer (3 year term)
• VP for Policy and Programs (3 year term)
• VP for Education and Chapters (3 year term)
• Student representative (2 year term; must be a student in conservation biology or a closely related field and attending an accredited university or college)
• Chapters representative (2 year term; must be a member of one of SCBNA’s local chapters).
To submit a nomination, or to request additional information, please email the SCBNA President Carlos Carroll <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please indicate ‘SCBNA elections’ in the subject line.