Not a member? Here’s how and why to become one!
- Let your voice be heard! Voting members are able to directly impact and contribute to SCBNA priorities and initiatives online and at annual members meetings (at ICCB and NACCB).
- Access the SCB North America listserve, share & receive news on North American conservation issues, jobs, events
- Attend NACCB 2018 at a discounted rate. Network with other conservation practitioners in North America and around the globe at NACCB
- It’s free with SCB Global membership!
- Work with us on our Program initiatives! Contact us to join or contribute to one of our committees; Policy, Education, Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, & Conferences
The global Society for Conservation Biology provides many benefits to its community, including global policy programs, conferences, free online access to publications for members in developing countries, and an online job board. SCB also administers the prestigious David H. Smith Conservation Research Fellowship Program, sponsored by the Cedar Tree Foundation, that supports young professionals in conservation science. SCB’s publications are leading venues for research contributing to the science and practice of conserving Earth’s biological diversity. In cooperation with Wiley Press, SCB publishes the flagship peer-reviewed journal of the field, Conservation Biology, and the online journal, Conservation Letters. Affiliated publications include Conservation magazine, Pacific Conservation Biology, and Biological Conservation. Many of the scientific advancements presented at the Congress will be published in these journals.
From Membership Survey to Strategic Planning
We asked, you responded, and we are listening. Thank you to North American members that participated in our recent SCBNA Priorities Poll. We have seen significant change throughout 2017 with our first dedicated staff person, several new board members, and the ongoing development of an organizational work plan, centered around strategic priorities for the section. The NA Board will meet for a two-day winter meeting in Fort Collins, CO to discuss our progress, priorities, and where we are headed in the coming years. Your input is critical in guiding us in this exercise, and we appreciate your engagement at our members meeting (ICCB July 2017) and online via the member survey. Please mark your calendars for the next in-person opportunity at our 2018 members meeting on July 24th in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at NACCB. See survey results and please contact us with questions, email@example.com