For those traveling to Vancouver from other areas or who are unfamiliar with the area, the local organizing committee has developed the following resources:
Airport and Local Transportation
- Transportation to-and-from the Vancouver International Airport (YVR), includes information about Ride App services, car rental facilities, licensed taxis, and public transportation.
- (TransLink) Public transportation is easily accessible in Vancouver. Take the Canada Line, SkyTrain, Buses, and/or SeaBus. Plan your route here through TransLink’s official website.
- Vancouver Bike Share: Mobi
- If you are planning on driving into the conference, you can find a list of public parking lots here: https://parking.ubc.ca/map. Some of these parking lots will offer overnight parking but not all.
- Note: The Gage Suites, our conference’s on-site, UBC accommodations, provides parking for their customers/guests.
It is important for travelers to check the specific requirements based on their nationality and the purpose of their visit before planning their trip to Canada. The official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provides detailed information and resources regarding entry requirements for visitors to Canada.
Please note that for most international travelers a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is required. If this applies to you, it is highly advised to start the application process as early as possible.
For some additional resources, please refer to finding out if you need a visa to travel to Canada, entry requirements by country or territory, and business visitors attending meetings, events and conferences in Canada.
*If you need a Letter of Invitation (also known as a Conference Invitation Letter) for visa-application purposes, please contact email@example.com with your request.
Vancouver typically enjoys a mild and pleasant climate with only a few days of the year having either very hot or very cold conditions. Days are warm, but nights can be chilly. Rain is typically not expected in June, but is still possible.
We recommend packing and dressing with light layers in mind. Be sure to pack comfortable shoes, as most field trips will involve a lot of walking.
Average Temperature in June in Vancouver:
- June average high: 68 F/20 C
- June average low: 54 F/12 C